Sunday 21 April 2013

Well what a difference 24 hours makes......





Yesterday I was stressed. Yesterday I was frustrated. Yesterday I wasn't in a good way. Yesterday wasn't a good day.


I woke up late, I was in a lot of pain. I took strong pain killers to cope. I had to get to the shops, we needed food. I waited for the drugs to kick in. They did, but left me feeling ill and my head was spinning, and all my body wanted was to be left alone and to go back to bed.

My darling children, oh my darling children, they almost ended up homeless yesterday.


When I got up and slowly made my way to the kitchen, I dodged lego on the floor, items of clothing, a toilet roll, probably care of the cat, and three very hungry cats weaving themselves in and out of my legs.

(Not something you want when you are suffering back pain)

Once I reached the kitchen the sight I found was not one I had hoped for. In fact it wasn't even close to the kitchen I had muddle over the night before to get tidy. IT WAS A MESS. So I over slept, it wasn't that long was it?

Bins overflowing, rubbish falling out onto the floor. Some broken egg shells by the fridge door, completely ignored. Cats frantic now and jumping up on the bench. Dishes piling up, milkshake glasses, cuppa soup dirty mugs, melted cheese on plates. Half eaten meals left to go to waste. Dirty dish cloths on the floor. 

My wonderful list of things to do hung un-read on the notice board.

I made my way down to the laundry to see about the cats. Sure enough, bowls empty, litter tray used, and where are my children???

PLAYING GAMES AND FIGHTING OVER THEM!

You can see where this is going can't you?

Well MOTHER lost it. Which didn't help my back any. Slowly with much complaining the house was restored. Dishes had to be done by yours truly, as child 1 still has the sore wrist. 

Child 1 who came home to help out, was the worst. Moody, sour faced, and generally unpleasant all day. Getting her period. She turns into Godzilla.  Even the boyfriend has suggested she stay here till it's over! I thankfully have never been like that. Hubby can back that up. Like he said "If you were like that, I wouldn't be here!" It is pretty bad people. BAD!

She did finally get off her butt and got ready to come shopping with me, although she spent too long in the shower, and had it so hot that by the time the boys got in there was NO HOT WATER! It only happens when she is home. So we had an unhappy Daddy who couldn't wash, to add to the ever growing rotten day.

I can drive uncomfortably, but I can not wander up and down the shop aisles with out help. So I had no choice but to accept the help, and go with the negative flow. By now it was 4 pm, shops close at 5! 

Hubby was up by now, and thanks to child 3 trying to help him, he knocked hubby's legs sideways and sent a shudder through his back which set him back several days. The day before hubby was doing very well. Even managed to have a wander outside. He was smiling and joking, and hopeful. But yesterday he was back to his scared in pain self, and couldn't manage anything for himself.

I took on the whole stress of it. Like I do, which I should not do. It didn't end well. Kids where fighting, and over the top. Both hubby and I just wanted it all to end. So frighten we were to be this dependant on this lot. I think the thought of just dying was almost comforting. To say I was going out of my mind was putting it mildly.

 To think that a week ago I had surprised hubby with some sexy clothing, and let's just say we had a very interesting doctor patient consultation, which resulted in a very happy evening indeed. If I could just turn back the clock.... (he was a very good patient by the way, recovered well, and as the lovely doctor that I am, it was on the house!) Date day was around the corner, and everything was just wonderful. I wish it was that easy to help him now!!



If this last statement actually worked I be non-exsistent! lol

Well 24 hours later, and it is like the GOD's have heard our screams. I woke up to the kids all playing nicely. Breakfast dishes done. Bins empty. Cats fed. Washing on despite the rain. Plans for lunch made. Child 2 cleaning his room.
Child 1 offering to help make some tea.  

I am so grateful. So utterly grateful. I don't know if yesterday's pain sunk in. I did cry. Or if child 1 over heard hubby and I fretting about the day once she went to bed? We have decided that it might be best to muddle through without her, and just have her pop in very few days to help with the washing and shopping? I feel guilty that she is stuck here, when she is could be with her man, enjoying life. 

I am grateful too that my back is not as bad as yesterday and I am coping very well on just the mild pain killers. Fingers crossed that hubby wakes up the same????


I do. I do believe in miracles. I do believe that each new day is a new chance to start over. Life is too short to be bitter and twisted, how ugly for your soul.

LOVE and kindness, understanding, it is the greatest healer.

Thank you to those of you who spared the time to listen to my rants, and remind me that all will be OK. You are such sweet souls.




So today I plan to man up, and just carry on. I have to get back on my feet. The car is ready Tuesday, and now it looks as though I will be handling that all on my own too. I haven't driven it yet. The thought of driving it in this state is scary, but I am a confident , strong woman am I not? I CAN DO THIS. It's just a car, more modern than I am use to, but just a car. MY CAR. It is so exciting. I just need us to be well again, and back at work, as paying for the darn thing will be tricky if there is no money coming in! So positive hats back on, and trust in our bodies to be able to heal and mend, and return us to a functioning state. 




"TODAY I ONLY SPEAK WORDS THAT ARE LOVING,POSITIVE, AND CONSTRUCTIVE."



"MY BODY REPRESENTS PERFECTION. I AM VIBRANTLY HEALTHY."



HAVE A NICE DAY, FILLED WITH HAPPY THOUGHTS.


3 comments:

  1. The graphic about balls on you chest made me chuckle. If that's true, I guess your man doesn't need any Ballroom Jeans from Duluth Trading Company. See the latest commercial now playing on TV here @ http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A0S00MwtqHNRXkQAQt77w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTBrc3VyamVwBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQD?p=duluth+ballroom+jeans+commercial+youtube&vid=9a305cb04137a3cfe7203526a9bc029d&l=00%3A31&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DV.4831220705591454%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Di0jbBSSRR-A&tit=Duluth+jeans+commercial&c=0&sigr=11abced8r&age=0&&tt=b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always glad to make someone smile. I did watch the advert......
    I haven't seen it before. Not one seen here.
    Right now I think if he could squat he'd be happy to sing in any key! lol

    Thank you for sharing. ^_^

    ReplyDelete