Tuesday 4 June 2013

Well hello my darlings..............



Well it's 10.48 pm and hubby is back at work....first shift in 6 weeks...so how better to make him feel special and to show him how much I love him........than to BAKE A CAKE!

It has been a full on day. Hubby had the dentist this morning, a filling, while I took the kids to school and the car to it's first complementary service. (WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!) I literally sat there  looking at my car for 50 mins thinking when are they going to take it in. Only to find out it was ready that whole time. They didn't even give it a good clean like they told me they would. How can you service a car, and wash / vac it in 10 mins??? I had a lot of shit to do today. 9.30am till 10.41 am....... but it's OK now....letting it go.......

I have been trying to get back to work, but the red tape is causing trouble. The doctor wrote down something that didn't match up with work restrictions, so I have spent the past two days going back and forth. So tomorrow I have yet another doctors appointment, (I swear they are going to start talking about us soon!), and then another drive into work, and with any luck we can all agree that I can return to normal duties as of Thursday.

To say the mornings events set my mood into a massive stress, and grumpy, is an understatement. Not to mention we had another Hospital appointment for child 3 and his ADHD management. So I was in total stress worry fret mode. Let's not mention that my sexual drive has started to creep back in, but hubby is still not quite there yet, so for the past several days I have been a bit  frustrated on top. In fact I have been like a yo yo between horny-frisky and utter don't touch me! 


So you see my poor man has been so wonderful with my ups and downs, and as always stayed steadfast. So he really does deserves his CAKE!

I still can't put on my socks, or tie my shoes, yet, but I hope this simple function returns soon. He has been helping me each morning, but tomorrow he'll be asleep, so I have child 2 lined up for shoe duty. He thinks it's funny, I think it is the scariest things ever. My 10 year old has to help me put on my shoes!!! Just not right.....


Any who, Our Mr ADHD, as of tomorrow morning starts a trail run of medication. It is just 1/2 a tablet in the morning for the first 3 days, then 1/2 morning and at lunch time, then it will go up to 1 full, then 1/2 at lunch. If it has the desired effect , we should see a more focused boy at school. It is just for school days. It will have worn off by bed time, so we may not see much of the results our end. The whole doctors appointment was spent with him touching EVERYTHING, not sitting STILL, and asking the doctor about 100 QUESTIONS. Totally normal really. 

I need to get his teacher on board as she will have to medicate him at lunch. She has a report to fill in for the doctor too, so he can see if the experiment trail is working for him. We have hummed and arrrred about this for several years, and we have now reached the point where we realise he needs help, and he needs a chance to do well. I am hoping for good things to happen, although I do realise that in just 3 weeks we will not be anywhere over the hump, but fingers crossed we are on the track to good times. He can't be stuck in year 1 forever. 


11.11 pm now, and I just got a text from my man. He has had a good shift, and I am a bubble of excitement he as been sent home early. I was worried about him been thrown in the deep end. It's good if he eases back in. 6 weeks of not doing heavy lifting will take it out of anyone. I am nervous about my first shift back too. I just have to do it and see. Until I do I wont know how well I will cope with it or not. 


Life is just as always fun fun fun..... I just need to keep reminding myself it is all OK, and to stop sweating the small stuff. 

Now we just have to work and start paying back our poor credit card. It has taken a beating over the last 6 weeks, and thank goodness it was there, or we would have been in deep poo poo!



Must go check on my CAKE! Hubby will be here soon. 

Till next time. KEEP SMILING.









4 comments:

  1. So good that things are starting to get back to a proper routine for you. Hope the cake turned out well

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake was yummy and much appreciated. Things are not well on the work front yet....RED TAPE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not expect that first sentence to end with cake, but then again, I have a very dirty mind. Did the cake turn out well...Oh, I suppose I could read the comment above and know the answer.

    ReplyDelete