Monday 24 June 2013

Onions!





Well we have made it to yet another Monday. The start of the working week, and thank heaven's the sun was out.

I wasn't sure if I would be getting out of bed this morning and dragging my sorry arse to work, but I woke up and felt OK.

You see on Friday night I too had succumbed to the icky cold virus. Scratchy sore throat, runny nose, sneezing, and generally feeling yuck. Thanks must be given to the 100 or so customers who breathed on me while shopping sick, and also to my sick colleges who came to work rather than stay home in bed.

Great, just what I need, more time off work. NO WAY. Not me. I put my money where my mouth is, and did what I have been telling people at work to do for the last 2 weeks............... I cut an ONION.



Now I know you are probably saying...yes the stress has finally cracked her.....no hope, she is a goner! 

But wait...... it really works!

I did use this remedy on my sick kittens remember, but I was still to test the onion on myself.

The theory is that the onion drags in and soaks up all the bugs in the air around you. It magically sucks it out of you.

Yes the room did stink, and the onion did bring water to my eyes, but at the same time it cleared the sinuses and allowed me to sleep and breathe at the same time.

HONESTLY.....Saturday morning I should have woke up feeling like death...instead I was only suffering a little sniffle, and my throat was still no worse. Not better, but not worse. I was able to cook my man lasagne for dinner. Now when I am super sick, I can't do that! So I spent the weekend warm, and well topped up on ginger ,honey ,lemon tea, and chicken broth laced with garlic. Yes I know....smelly me...but it was just the hubby and the kids, so all good.

Saturday night I left hubby early, and put myself to bed...with a fresh onion by my bedside table. REST.

Sunday again was spent the same way, but I was already much better. To be safe I took another onion to bed with me, and this morning woke up well. Well I still have a bit of a sniffle, but I do not need anything other than a cough drop. For me that is great. Normally I'd be sick, fever, and at the doctors.

So it WORKS. Try it next time you feel a cold coming on. Cut an onion in half, skin on. Place on a plate next to you, and just let it do it's magic. Throw it out after 24 hours.



I am still doing my best to not get all worried about things in advance, but for now I am just trying to sort out our little man. Back to the hospital tomorrow to discuss the results of this trail period of drugs for his ADHD.

Is it wrong that I want to ask if we can have something that lasts longer than just school hours?

He is amazing on the drug. It is so nice. He is helpful, and you can actually have a conversation with him without it turning into a head fuck. I say it's time to brush your teeth, and he just gets up and goes. It's school time, TV off, and bag ready, and chatty man to the car. 

No more fighting. He actually wants to go to school.

By 3 pm sadly the magic pill is all gone. It is a low dose, and not meant to stay in his system. Just for school.

But you see that on the weekends we have our darling sweet normal boy back.....no medication for the weekend. But now that we have had a taste of what life is like on the drug, the temptation to drug him is really high. We didn't, but the little man did drive himself, and EVERYONE else Nuts!

So we shall see what the doctor thinks after we tell him of life with drugs. He may give him a pill that lasts a tad longer, 8 pm would be great! 

He is a much more settled boy. He still plays, and is normal, just not frantically jumping from this to that unable to focus on anything. He needs this just as much as we do.

So wish us luck.


Last night we had the Super Moon. Did you see it? It was HUGE, and very beautiful. We went outside and watched it rise into the night sky. Well we watched for about 5 mins. It was bloody freezing.

It was like "WOW look at how big it is!".............."OK inside now, too cold"

Super Moon event over! Well at least we remembered to go outside and have a look!


I shall end today's post with a funny......


THE 5 ANSWERS WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR! 

Q: WHAT ARE THE SMALL BUMPS AROUND A WOMAN'S NIPPLES FOR? 
A: It's Braille for 'suck here'. 

Q: WHAT IS AN AUSTRALIAN KISS? 
A: It's the same as a French kiss, but 'down under.' 

Q: WHAT DO YOU DO WITH 365 USED CONDOMS? 
A: Melt them down, make a tire, and call it a Goodyear. 

Q: WHY WERE HURRICANES NORMALLY NAMED AFTER WOMEN? 
A: Because when they come, they're wild and wet. But when they go, they take your house and car with them. 

Q: WHY DO GIRLS RUB THEIR EYES WHEN THEY GET UP IN THE MORNING? 
A: Because they don't have any balls to scratch... 

BONUS QUESTIONS & ANSWERS: 

Q: What is a man's Ultimate embarrassment? 
A: Running into a wall with an erection and breaking his nose. 




(Nominated as the world's best short joke)

3-year-old boy examined his testicles while taking a bath. 
“Mummy,” he asked, “Are these my brains?” 


“Not yet,” she replied. 


HAVE A GREAT MONDAY and a good week.

3 comments:

  1. An onion a day keeps the bugs away.

    Good news about your little man and your health.

    Thanks for the chuckles.

    The height of ambition: A flea crawling up an elephant's tail with rape on its mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Don, now if I could just get the onion to rid me of this niggling cough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the onion worked for you. So many horrible bugs around at the moment.
    Good that this one didn't develop into something worse

    ReplyDelete