Tuesday 18 September 2012

Post Birthday



Well hello fellow bloggers. I am now a whole year older. I don't feel any different, or look any different, but time stands still for no one.

So I made it through yet another birthday. It was a long day, mostly due to my over excitement to get the ball rolling. I had the cake. Made sure I got it, Hubby didn't put an order in, so took child 2 and checked out the bakery, and there was 1 left. Fate, or just lucky, either way it was going to be mine. All I needed was the hubby and the kids to get into gear and do the birthday thing.

My pre-birthday evening was fantastic. I spent the most wonderful few hours with my man, and I loved every minute of his attention. It didn't matter to me how late it was. We were alone, and together, and it was just what the doctor ordered. I'm still smiling.

I got to have a long sleep in, which was divine. Getting up early all week, and at the crack of dawn on Saturday, made Sunday morning sleep in till 11am, all the more sweeter.

I woke up however to Child 3's wet bed sheets, (I thought I heard the shower going and Hubby talking), and a trail of mess from boys bedroom, up the hall, through the kitchen, and into the lounge, and the ginger kitten had decided the towel left on the bathroom floor would be a better place than the litter tray to do a huge smelly wee!

I told myself to relax, but all I could do was go into a controlled mummy mood, and I just had enough control to get them to clean it up before I exploded. Which again consisted of mainly me cleaning.

Remember I had spent several hours cleaning the night before, which is what I asked the family for, a CLEAN house and a NO HOUSEWORK day. Instead I was looking at another two loads of washing. I didn't have to do them of course, but I am a Virgo, and I had a picture in my head of what the day looked liked and a dirty smelly wash basket wasn't part of it. That made eight loads in under twelve hours, and sweeping, and dishes.

I decided to do some quick positive self talk, and as soon as the house was again as I wished it to be, all was again, well in my world. No one else is really bothered by it.

Then the waiting. I waited for hubby to wake up. I waited for child 1 (sick teen) to wake up, and the boys and I played our various games, and child 2 did his best to give me a birthday neck rub, which turned into a lets play with mums hair and see how many styles we can create to make her look silly. But it was fun, and at least they were not fighting. Which was another of my birthday wishes.

Finally I heard the tell tale sign of life when the loo flushed and up the hall came hubby, sleepy, but somewhat smiling, and he wished me a happy birthday before he sat to eat his breakfast. It was now just after 1pm.

By the time he had showered and dressed, it was close to 3pm, and that is when he took the boys birthday shopping. 

I was left at home, to wait, and like a child at Christmas time, I waited. Time dragged on, and still no sign of Santa. I amused myself with facebook, and reading all the wonderful happy birthday messages. My farm-Ville farm got a make over, and I caught up on on my emails.

Then I heard the car doors closing, and I tried to not look as if I had been internally pacing like a wild tiger for the past few hours. I heard Hubby yell, "STAY THERE" and I did exactly as he instructed, almost holding my breath, as I wasn't sure what waited for me. It was either going to be really nice, or one of those "Thank you, you shouldn't have, really!" moments.

The kids made me sit on the lounge and close my eyes. I was handed two hand made drawn cards from the kids. Hubby had signed one with some cheeky verse.





Then each child presented me with a shopping bag. In the first I found a pair of pink stripped thongs. Cute, and will be just perfect for when the heat kicks in, match my toes too. The second bag had some pink scuffs, definitely a pink theme going on here. They looked small, but without my socks on they fit perfectly. The third shopping bag had a black pair of Ugg Boots short, winter slippers, and hubby was happy that I would no longer have cold feet. Again perfect size. He also had three scented candles. African Rain, Sage, and Ocean. I have been burning the African Rain. Then Child 1, who is still feeling very poorly, gave me her present. Hers the only one gift wrapped in child 2's drawings. It was 'Breaking Dawn pt1' for my collection. I was pretty chuffed by all this I can tell you. It was just perfect, even with the price tags attached.





 

By now it was close to 5pm, and all our tummy's were rumbling. Child 1's boyfriend had arrived for dinner, and so Hubby and all the kids, and boyfriend, left me home again, and went out to collect my birthday dinner, CHINESE, from the HOUSE OF JADE. So again I found myself alone,with my slippers, and  the cat, and my computer friends on face book, who kept me company all day, playing words with friends, and farmville, and sending me funny's to read.




I set the table, with the good plates, and decided to take photos of my presents, and cakes. Hubby still bought me a cake, a mud cake, and then my sister phoned and sang happy birthday to me, which was funny, and a wee bit scary, but it's the thought that counts.




I waited, and waited, and they seemed to be gone for a good hour. So I packed the boys lunches for school, and fed the cats. Tried on my new work shirt, freaked out that it was the wrong one ordered, and then left it on the hanger with utter fear of the morning. FINALLY at just after six, I had all my family, and the boyfriend, together around the table, and we shared some really lovely food. 

We let it rest a while, and as usual I ended up finishing clearing the table. The kids started, but somehow didn't quite finish it. I did get some help from child 2, but there was grumbles about it. Then we had cake. 'FINALLY' came the cries of child 3, who had removed said cake several times from fridge already. I had to prompt them to sing, and once they started it was delightful.

We each had a nice yummy slice, and settled back into the lounge for some relax time.  



Hubby put the boys to bed and I watched a new TV drama called 'House Husbands' with a lovely hot cup of tea, and my new warm Ugg boots on. Then we watched a movie. The Salmon fishing in Yemen one, I know what you're thinking, and yes it was the one from the night before, and no we didn't, and yes that was just fine with me. You can figure it out.  ^_^  It is a good movie though , if you haven't seen it. Well worth a look. 

Then this old birthday chook, had to go to bed. No rest for the wicked, and I had work in the morning. Hubby even ironed my shirt along with his. He said it didn't look bad, and to stop worrying. I thought it was a tad tight.

After work, my sweetest dearest friend popped over for a quick cuppa, and cake. She brought me some cheese, a cheese she once heard me mention I liked but don't buy as it's too expensive. She is always so thoughtful like that. Some incense, as I am always burning something, and two scratchies, sadly not winners, and a witty card about growing old disgracefully.



So all in all I say it was a lovely Birthday. I have much to be happy for.




Thank you everyone who sent me messages. It really made my day. And a special thanks to my family for being their special selves.  I love you with all my heart. ^_^

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome birthday indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your special day. As I was I bit confused for a minute...why would your son give you pink striped thongs? I was relieved to see the picture, oh, pink stripped flip flops, real cute by the way. Thongs here in America are under panties. My mind stays in the gutter. Great story Criss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Michelle, that made me laugh! THANK YOU. I think I would be seriously disturbed if my son bought me a pink stripped 'Thong'! LOL I think my Hubby would be too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! This is my first visit here and it's a fun little puzzle trying to piece together who you are and where you are from. Lounge is telling me that you are not from the my area and I suspect that you and I might be close in age. Loved the story of your birthday, warts and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jotter Girl. I shall give you a little clue, I know Mynx well. ^_^

    ReplyDelete