Sunday 16 September 2012

Happy Birthday

Today is my birthday.It has just gone midnight, so it counts. I have been counting down my birthday sleeps all week. I figure if I don't get excited about my day, who will?  

I have always looked forward to my birthday, I tend to drag it out. You know, the pre-birthday count down, the birthday itself, and of course the post birthday week. I'm special. ^_^

The girls at work wished me a happy day yesterday, which was nice and sweet. We don't get birthday chocolates anymore, which is a shame, as they really where a nice treat. It was the only place I ever worked at where you got a small box of Rose Chocolates on your birthday. They all wanted to know what plans I had, but I really don't know??? Maybe a good sleep in??

I treated myself early this week to a foot spa, and had my toe nails painted shiny dark pink. That was a special thank you to my body for not failing on me. Now I shall wait and see what surprises, (if any), are install for me today??

I have no idea what exactly the family has planned. Yesterday as far as I could work out, no-one had any real plans. Child 1 is sick too, so she is confined to bed rest. The boys are too young to do anything on their own. So it's all down to Hubby. He hasn't really had time to go out and do anything, as when he is home I am at work and vice-versa. So that makes it hard.

I suspect he will go out today and surprise me with something???  I think Child 1 has got something, maybe they went in on it together?? Maybe it's a JUICER?? There has been secret meetings down the hall all night. One by one they have all entered Child 1's room, and come back out with conspiratory looks??

Honestly, a nice cake, and a clean house, and takeaway for dinner would be perfect. I just want a nice relaxed day, where I am the center of attention of course, where I do not have to fuss over anything, which is hard for me as I am a worry wart fuss pot! 

So in the spirit of my fussy pot nature, yesterday, yes it would be yesterday now, I cleaned the house. I know, I have no trust in them to succeed in this task. But I really didn't want them to clean about on my birthday. I wanted to wake up to a clean house. So I did 4 loads of washing, and then discovered that child 1 decided that now would be a good time to change the sheets, and pick up her dirty washing. TEENAGERS! So at 7.30pm I was outside in the dark hanging out my 6th load of washing for the day! I was determined not to have any housework looming about me. Dishes done, Kitchen tidy, Lounge room straightened, birthday cake bought. So now I wait and see. Just a little excited about now. ^_^

Hubby is home and we are going to watch "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen". It is somewhat like a date night, even if the date is starting at 12.16am. It's the only time we have alone these days. lol

I am not upset over my age. It is just a number, and I can't change it so why get bothered about it. Inside I am still young, and that is what matters. I am grateful for hair dye, and for my European skin, which has aged well, so I occasionally get a treat when people think I am younger than what I am.  Always makes one feel good. ^_^

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ME. Today I promise myself to be grateful, and happy, and not get stressed over the little things, and not to feel one tiny bit of guilt for eating birthday cake.

If you are having a birthday today, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU too!  

I shall let you know how it goes..............I can't wait for it to begin. ^_^








6 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday lovely lady.
    I hope you have a lovely day filled with everything and everyone you love.
    I see blue sky and sunshine so that is a good start

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far it's been a lot of waiting, but nice. I am very much looking forward to dinner and cake! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope by the time you read this you've enjoyed a wonderful birthday and will have many more. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Don, and yes I had a lovely afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you ( I'm late I know) I hope it was a fabulous day though! Did you get the juicer? Or anything quite as awesome as that?!?!!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Monkey,I am putting together a little piece about my day, but no, I didn't get the Juicer. But it was a lovely afternoon.

    ReplyDelete