Saturday 1 September 2012

A Poem ~ Mother



MOTHER


I look up to her, and beg her to see my pain.
But she shows her back, and I hang my head in shame.

Lost in amongst a crowd. Only I can see my cloud.
I’m trapped within these walls. Too small to make myself stand tall.

I scream, but no one hears. I whisper in bitter tears.
I’m angry at my stolen child. Deep inside I’m going wild.

I look in the mirror and I feel cold. I’m so young, yet so old.
I look to the woman who I call Mother, in my heart I ask why do I bother?

I look at the walls, I’ve called home; and look back over the years I’ve roamed.
Finally I see the door. Do I go outside? I’m not sure.

Time moves on, a woman I am now. I’ve survived, I wonder sometimes how?
I don’t need her anymore. I’m Mother now, and of that I am sure.

I’ve grown stronger, no longer ashamed, even though sometimes I still feel the pain.
I open the door, and look outside. I no longer need to hide.

It’s nice to be finally free.
Goodbye Mother, it’s time to be ME!





No comments:

Post a Comment