Wednesday 12 September 2012

A brief brush with fame!



Remember me talking to you about a book I read called ‘The Miracle’. It is the story about Ally Mc Erlaine, the lead guitarist in a band called TEXAS, (Famous for a song called “I Don’t Want A Lover”), and how he survived a grade 5 brain haemorrhage.

Well, tonight I got a really special treat. I was so moved by Shelly’s story about how she coped with her loving husband going through such a horrific experience, I mean he died several times, was brain damaged, and had to re-learn how to do EVERYTHING; that I wrote to her and thanked her for sharing such personal journey.

Well she wrote back, and thanked me, ME! Not something I was expecting. After all she is a busy woman, a musician herself in a band called “Red Sky July”

From one woman to another, she was an inspiration of hope and faith, and she is utterly strong. What Ally went through was shocking, but what she went through beside him, was I think emotionally worse. I am so happy that they got to have their “HAPPY EVER AFTER”

So if you think you are having a bad day, pick up this book. It reads like a personal diary, and it will make you realise that maybe your life could always be much worse.

Stay positive, and enjoy all the little things as much as you can. ^_^









4 comments:

  1. "Stay positive and enjoy the little things .. " words to live by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try. We get so busy these days that we forget sometimes to just sit back and just take stock of what really is important.

      Delete
  2. How wonderful for you to get a reply. I am sure she was just as thrilled getting your letter too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I must admit I did a bit of a chair dance. It really made my day. She went through so much, I just had to tell her how amazingly strong she is. I also added Ally as a friend on face book. Richard found his page and we both subscribed. Richard and I are big fans of TEXAS. Then I hit the send friend request and he accepted 10 mins later. I was shocked.Richard was all like "OH WHAT!" So he did the same and sure enough , Ally accepted him too. I don't talk to him though. I am a bit star shocked and shy now. But it feels good to see his name pop up as my friend. lol

      Delete