Wednesday 15 August 2012


When singer Shelly Poole’s husband suffered an enormous brain haemorrhage, she was told to expect the worst. But Ally, guitarist in rock band Texas, confounded all the experts....................... 

Read more: 


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2094416/Shelly-Poole-talks-husband-Ally-McErlaines-recovery-brain-haemorrhage.html

                                                               Shelly and Ally today
                                                            Ally on stage with Texas frontwoman Sharleen Spiteri, 2006




Shelly admits that she was always a believer in wishes coming true. That means if you believed in something hard enough you could make it happen. The power of visualization through meditation. She also had a team of healers who gathered regularly and focused on what Ally needed at the time, such as he needed to breathe on his own. She also put healing crystals under his pillow.

I guess the point is even Ally’s doctors do not know, or can explain how the hell he came out of this so well. I mean it is a medical impossibility. Yet this woman, his wife, Shelly, never wanted to believe that he was going to check out like this. She stayed with him, day in and out, and talked to him, and played music to him, and she prayed, and hoped, and believed in all the positive energy and support around her. She asked angels to protect him, and she clutched for anything and everything.

Now you may say that is all rubbish. You may be right. But who is to say that the combination of what she calls a “Rainbow Army” of medical experts, which included alternative practitioners, religious devotees, spiritual healers and mystics, was not responsible for his miraculous healing? They all joined forces with Ally’s family and friends and together they set out to achieve the impossible and bring Ally back to life!

That is exactly what happened. He came back from the dead. He came back with no brain damage. Sure he had to re-learn how to do everything, walk, eat, everything, and he did. He is not a living vegetable. Look at the pictures above, they prove it.

People have changed their lives through the power of positive thinking. Louise L Hay is one. She cured herself from cancer simply by positive affirmations, and self help healing. I think if I was born in the early 60’s I probably would have been a free loving hippee! 

What struck me is how difficult it was for Shelly to accept that he may be forever different. I could really connect with her pain. Putting myself in her place. Horrific! There was a stage in Ally's recovery where his personality was altered. He was her Ally in shell only. His personality was all wrong, and she wasn’t sure if she’d be able to handle that. I mean just imagine it. The one person you know inside out, who makes you laugh, that person, that inner soul you fell in love with. Imagine it is all gone and you are left with just an outer shell. He looks the same but he might as well be a completely different person. Just so sad. He may as well have been dead. 

 Love is a powerful drug. I believe if we all had more LOVE in our life there would be no more wars. Maybe one day the words of John Lennon’s IMAGINE song will come true. Oh yes I am a dreamer.  MIRACLES can happen. You just have to believe.

I for one am really happy that Shelly got her man back. Thank you Shelly Poole for sharing your amazing story with us. Ally Mc Erlaine, you are one  very LUCKY man!


1 comment:

  1. After reading this amazing story, I was left feeling so very emotional. I left a message for my hubby on face book. He is at work, and I just had to tell him how much I loved him, and that he mattered to me.

    What I found funny was that I got a comment asking me if I was in trouble?

    I am not sure how I feel about that? Why is expressing your feelings a cry for help? I did end the statement with "Enough said", but that is just it. I love him, he matters to me, enough said!

    If I lost him from my life it would be horrible. What Shelly and Ally went through, the pain, the heartache, the altered personality, the long journey back from the dead, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

    I remember a time when my hubby went blind, it is another story for another day, but he became understandably depressed. Thankfully his vision was restored, although not perfectly 100%, but he can see. The empathy I felt for Shelly, when she was doing everything she could to help her man, and he was just so mean and nasty towards her, and yet she hid her tears and keep hanging in there. I guess it brought back some tough memories.

    I think I am just feeling very grateful that we have each other. Now that isn't so bad is it??

    ReplyDelete