Monday 27 August 2012


                        Some days I just want to hide!


Don’t you just hate door to door sales people. I know they are just doing a job, but honestly, When we say no thank you, we are happy with our electricity provider, please just GO AWAY!

It makes no difference who you are with. The rates are going up and up and up. It is a result of our government.  Our electricity bill came in a few weeks back, and I almost fell over, LITERALLY! In 3 months our bill went from $585 to $999! Just how much more can this current government bleed from us? Don’t answer that!

The whole carbon tax is a scam. Nothing has changed. Nothing at all, except more people have put solar power on the roof, and are currently, good on them, saving epically on their bills. So I guess the government needs to re-coup lost funds some how, so yes that’s right squeeze the poorer folk that much more!

What I hate most about these (mostly Indian) sales people is that they get very pushy, and rude, and just won’t leave it. I have the right to think about it, and not just in a 2 week cooling off period! Oh why did hubby answer the door??  You watch, the other mob will be around in the next few days trying to tell me that they are better, blah blah blah…

The fact is you are all too expensive! I really don’t like being rude to people, hubby even gave him a glass of water, (it is warm today), but I tell you this guy almost got to see the other side of CRISS and I can tell you that side is not pretty.

I have worked my whole life. I don’t have a high paying job, I work part time in a local supermarket. I consider myself lucky to have a job. My hubby also works at a supermarket, but he is on casual basis so our income varies depending on how many hours he can get. Some weeks are good, others are pretty bad. We rent an old house, and we get by raising our three kids. I’d say we are an average suburban family, living from pay check to pay check. I mean, who isn’t?

This year not only has our school fees gone up, and a new uniform introduced, (public school with a private school tastes), but the phone, insurance, petrol, food, electricity, and rego. So much so that all our hard earned savings have slowly disappeared. I can not save enough in time before the next big bill comes in. It is truly scary.


How do other families cope? What tricks do you use to save here and there?? Why do we even need to find tricks? If the 1% stopped controlling everything, and destroying our world with their greed, the 99% would be able to live less stressful lives too! It all comes back to them. All of it.

So please MR door to door salesman, just let me get by, and deal with the one hundred and one other things I have to deal with. I don’t want to consider the ins and outs of Electricity providers. I have to get dinner ready, and feed my kids and get in the car and get to work, so I can feed them next week too!

Sorry you won’t get your commission today, but I have my own problems!

Just smile Criss, breathe and smile………..hopefully one day the world will be a fairer place to live in, where there will be no more greed, no more war, no more hunger, and no more SUPER RICH who own everything, and control us all, like little puppet slaves! We can only HOPE! 


2 comments:

  1. It is crazy how things are just getting more and more expensive. Wages certainly aren't keeping up, that is for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right on the money there. A few months back, where I work, our union scored us a pay rise. Basically about $1/hr. What happened as soon as the pay increase became effective was all casuals lost hours. So in effect the little pay rise actually caused them to loose money, as the business was still aiming at high profit, at all costs. It really wasn't worth it! We live in such greedy times!

    ReplyDelete